On Monday 19th July the Government announced that all measures in schools will be relaxed from this point onwards. At the time of writing the Government has stated the following:
- The system of “bubbles” will come to an end
- The NHS Test and Trace system will take responsibility for contact tracing for nurseries, schools and colleges
- From 16th August, under 18s will only have to self-isolate if they test positive for Covid-19
- A pupil who has been in close contact with someone with Covid-19 will be advised to take a PCR test instead In addition, from 19th July, it will no longer be necessary to stagger start- and finish- times in schools
- From the same date face coverings will no longer be needed and social distancing will no longer be necessary
School will keep some measures in place namely:
- Ensuring good hygiene for everyone (this includes hand and respiratory hygiene)
- Maintaining appropriate cleaning regimes
- Keeping occupied spaces well ventilated
- Following public health advice on testing, self-isolation and managing confirmed cases of COVID-19
- Supporting any member of the school community who wishes to wear a face covering.
At all stages since the outbreak of COVID-19, the school has undertaken and updated a number of risk assessments to ensure that the school environment is as safe as possible for everyone.